Program Title: Exploring Happiness || Program Duration: 6th Jan- 19th Jan (two weeks) ||
Program timing: 10am -12pm
Total Participants: 18 || Ratio: 5F:13M || Age: above 10 || Location: EduLift Office – Tinchuli
Objective: This winter program is a unique approach to practice acquired understanding and skills about self-realization, self-reflection, and in a broader sense, self-actualization. This program hopefully helps the students to stimulate good mental health.
|6th Jan||Sunday||Orientation||Interaction between facilitators and
participant + Introduction on the program + greetings
|7th Jan||Monday||Self-Awareness||Personality and Psychometric tests +
reflecting on individuals weakness and strength
|8th Jan||Tuesday||Self-Management||Initiative Organization +Accountability and Problem Solving|
|9th Jan||Wednesday||Socio-Emotional||Self-discipline and self-management|
|10th Jan||Thursday||Empathy||5 skills to develop empathy|
|11th Jan||Friday||Hiking||Jamcho Gomba ( Nagarjun Forest)|
|13th Jan||Sunday||Speaker||Naro Yogi|
|14th Jan||Monday||Mindfulness||Sensory awareness ( listening + breathing +
thoughts + word association)
|15th Jan||Tuesday||Survey||Questions related to what makes us happy with monks inside Boudhanath area!|
|16th Jan||Wednesday||Movie Screening||Inside Out|
|17th Jan||Thursday||Assessment||Post Assessment on the above sessions|
|18th Jan||Friday||Final Preparation||Individual presentation on “what does
happiness means to them”
|19th Jan||Saturday||Final||Happy Day with Dickyi Tsering Children’s Home|
Through this program, we were able to know the participants views and perception about ‘Happiness’. Some wrote Poems on Happiness and some wrote short stories, either way they were able to project their individual opinions.
Following are some of their definition on “What does happiness meant to them”
- Just like darkness which is always present, but the light makes us feel it’s gone for a while. Happiness is there in every small act happening. “I choose my own happiness”
- Happiness is a feeling, happiness can be explored, happiness can be eating your favorite food and happiness can be an expression.
- My happiness lies in experiencing every journey with curiosity and positive energy.
- A sense of true satisfaction comes from sharing deep love and compassion; begin with conquering all your fear. Trust me happiness is there!
- “Happiness doesn’t come in your life, you have to create it yourself”
- “Happiness is what the heart tells you from inside to show some humanity”
- “Happiness is an important factor of our life, which makes our life more beautiful and meaningful”
- “Happiness can be obtained from anything that might be big or small, for me happiness means to write diary, play football and do volunteer works, thus happiness will not come to us until we try to appreciate it within ourselves”
- Everyone has their own opinion and views on their happiness, and for me happiness is when I am happy with myself and family. Thus “the greatest happiness is the family’s happiness”…
- “Happiness is a choice not an achievement”
- “A joy from small things and a satisfaction out of small things is happiness”
This year was the very first time for EduLift conducting such winter program. The winter program was totally focused on individuals’ abilities and for them to learn from. With the initiation of such program, we were able to discuss and learn about the socio-emotional skills, awareness of oneself, self-management and mindfulness. We believe that along with the academic knowledge, learning about oneself is also equally important for anyone to grow as a person.